16/06/2020 0 Comments
The Benefits of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants act as a protective barrier to prevent decay and consists of thin layers of resin that are placed onto the fissures, grooves or pits in a tooth. They form a shield on each tooth and helps keep away food particles that can lead to cavities. Although daily brushing and flossing are required to maintain your oral health, it is difficult to remove food particles from the back of the mouth. So, sealants are applied to molars that are more prone to decay. Sealants can protect everyone but are usually beneficial for young kids who are more prone to cavities. Getting sealants is an easy and painless process and can be done in a dental clinic in one setting. Count on Northland Village Dental Centre for preventive dentistry services, such as dental sealants and dental hygiene services in Calgary. We offer comprehensive dental treatment, including cosmetic dentistry and preventive care.
Applying dental sealants can help you:
Tooth decay can lead to more dental issues, such as cavities and root canals, if not treated on time. Dental sealants act as a barrier to keep plaque and food from building up in the hard to reach places. Applying sealants will protect the enamel and be beneficial for the long term health of your teeth. Sealants will also be helpful to adult patients who suffer from caries due to a high sugar diet.
Save on Dental Costs
Treating cavities is often expensive as the long term cost to get cosmetic and preventive dental services often add up. Applying sealants early will help you save the dental costs on corrective treatment procedures, such as dental fillings or crowns.
Here are just some of the benefits of applying dental sealants:
- Sealants are safe and have no adverse reaction to your teeth. If you have some concerns, it’s better to get them checked from a reliable dental clinic.
- Dental sealants are white or clear in colour so they can’t be seen while talking or eating
- Often dental sealants last for at least 5-10 years with proper care. Your dentist will let you know during a routine checkup if they need to be replaced
- Maintenance of dental sealants is easy. They can be fixed immediately in case they are worn or chipped
- Applying dental sealants is painless and takes a few minutes for each tooth. Your teeth are thoroughly cleaned and dried before the treatment. To help bond the sealant to your tooth, an acid solution is then applied to the surface. After rinsing and drying the teeth the second time, sealants are applied on each tooth. UV light is then used to harden the sealant
- As kids are more prone to cavities, sealants can be applied to young kids from the age of six. Though it is more beneficial to kids who have got their permanent molars
If you have early decay, sealants can help prevent further damage. Your dentist can check on the decayed tooth, through a clear sealant. To prevent dental problems, such as cavities, gum disease and tooth decay, good dental hygiene is essential. Visit a dental office immediately if you experience symptoms ranging from toothache to bleeding gums. Get in touch with Northland Village Dental Centre, an emergency dentist that also provides preventive dentistry services. We also offer general, cosmetic and restorative dentistry services, including partial and complete dentures.
Contact us today to request an appointment for dental sealants.